killing pigeons

Page 1 of 3
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal.
I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive anti freeze.
Thanks,
cm
rice

Test ways to kill on yourself. Then you won't have to worry about the birds anymore.
F/U
cm

Debunked.
See:
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/birdrice.asp
Birds eat rice all the time - at least in rice fields.

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 13:03:54 -0700, Oren wrote:

Rice in rice fields are not dried. Look at the source. In one study 3 out of 5 people prefer Pepsi. In another, 3 out of 5 people prefer Coke. In another, 3 out of 5 prefer Dr Pepper. The first was funded by Pepsi. The second, Coke. The third, Dr Pepper. Carefully study the source of the "expert" or study. The information presented is of dubious reliability.

Yes but 5 out of 5 in all surveys fart in grocery stores.

Not true in all surveys. Girls don't fart, they "fluff".

And that's not always true. My ex ripped one once in an Ames (K-Mart type store) and it rattled the bottles on the shelf. Of course, I immediately disowned her and bolted elsewhere.
This should have been a sign that things would not go well in the future :-(
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 20:16:11 -0500, Michael Dobony

Never found a study on exploding birds, but Cornell University (lab of ornithology) states:
"If birds eat uncooked rice, can it swell up in their throats and stomachs and kill them?"
"Lots of birds eat uncooked rice in the wild. Bobolinks, sometimes called rice birds, are a good example. While rice is okay for birds, many wedding parties now throw bird seed instead."
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw/AboutBirdsandFeeding/FAQsBirdFeeding.htm
Even bird watchers debunk these myths.
"You should not throw rice at the bride and groom at weddings because birds eat it and it swells up in their stomach and kills them. Sometimes the myth goes that it causes them to explode."
"Not true. If it were, there would be exploding bird stories all over the national press every June. Think about it. Lots of birds feast in rice fields every year, irritating rice farmers to distraction. If eating rice caused birds to explode, most rice fields would look like a popcorn machine in the harvest season, with little puffs and explosions providing constant entertainment. Quite a vision, and one that the press would never miss."
"And there is no difference between rice in fields and rice in bags from the supermarket. Birds have no trouble digesting rice, or any other "expanding" vegetable. I am all in favor of throwing birdseed at weddings, which is what proponents of this myth urge as a solution. I like the symbolism of throwing birdseed. But rice is fine, too."
http://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/site/backyard_birds/myths/myths.aspx
Essentially, those comments support Snopes, ime.

Rice? The stuff commonly available to birds in any state where rice is readily available? That rice? It is a common food that has no effect on birds. If so, the EPA in its infinite wisdom would have shut down all rice farming in the world.
Rice? What have you been smoking? Do yo have any left?
Steve

I think this is an outgrowth of the urban legend or whatever that lead to weddings using soap bubbles instead of rice throwing because it allegedly expanded in the birds causing them to explode. I know that after our wedding we had a bunch of problems with starlings blowing up.. but that was probably more related to my sociopathic best man and his affinity for M-80s (grin). The Snopes stuff on this is at http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/birdrice.asp
--
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought
of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.

This is true. Prison officer heard a noise in the cell block clothes drier. He went to investigate and found that a Cuban prisoners was tumbling a pigeon in the dryer (cooking). I can imagine it sounded like tennis shoes tumbling around.
The Frenchastans and Quackastanes like pigeon.

Best is while they are asleep and cant fly in the dark, soak house with gasolene and light it up.

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 11:47:57 +0000, Stacey Chuffo

Debunked at snopes.com
Same for rice.
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/birdrice.asp

Yeah. Have lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of dead pigeons laying around. And then someone calls the law. Then the law calls the feds. You want to get hooked up with EPA and State Wildlife?
I didn't think so.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Just tell the EPA and wildlife that Stacey Chuffo spread her legs and all the pigeons dropped dead.