Killing Driveway Moss / Algae ?

Hello,
Live outside of Boston.
Driveway (Asphalt) is heavily covered with Green Moss (or is it Algae, or...) which is very hard to remove.
Scraping (just too hard, and too much of) does remove it, but surprisingly a concentrated bath of Chlorox doesn't seem to kill it.
Might someone suggest a Commercial product that I can spray on it, that really works, to truly kill this stuff off, without poisoning the whole neighborhood ?
Thanks, Bob
On Saturday, August 23, 2014 3:39:32 PM UTC-4, Bob wrote:

Did you try powerwashing it? That has always taken off any algae that I've encountred.
On 8/23/2014 3:39 PM, Bob wrote:

I've found a strong dose of Vinegar will kill it off over a couple of days. I buy a gallon of cheap vinegar at the grocery store and just pour it onto the moss.
Steve
My favorite is ammonia, but that's for actual algae. It will turn the algae to much and you can hose if off. If it's really moss that can be scraped off (which has some height and a root system) then it's easier just to scrape it off.
| Hello, | | Live outside of Boston. | | Driveway (Asphalt) is heavily covered with Green Moss | (or is it Algae, or...) which is very hard to remove. | | Scraping (just too hard, and too much of) does remove it, but | surprisingly a concentrated bath of Chlorox doesn't seem to kill it. | | Might someone suggest a Commercial product that I can spray on it, that | really works, to truly kill this stuff off, without poisoning the whole | neighborhood ? | | Thanks, | Bob | | --- | This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active. | http://www.avast.com |
On 8/23/2014 3:39 PM, Bob wrote:

DAGS! http://homeguides.sfgate.com/kill-moss-blacktop-58355.html http://homeguides.sfgate.com/kill-moss-trisodium-phosphate-67090.html
--
.