Killfile lists?

Page 1 of 2
Does anyone have a filter already setup to clean the noise from here? Would you mind posting it so I can safely plonk the noise?
I wish there was a way to filter someone only if they reply to a troll, but see them if they post on-topic (I'm looking at you Storman Mormon!)
Using Agent v6
--

¯\_(?)_/¯

Start here:
http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/index.html
nb
notbob wrote:

I'm aware of Blinky's work before he passed. I even updated a Wikipedia article about GG because someone removed his work as "irrelevant".
Thanks anyway...
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Don't start there. You'll throw out too much good water with the bad. Besides, the real problems in this group do not post through Google, so killfiling all Googlers won't solve your problem.

What "good water"??
I learned a lot from Blinky's page. Enough to learn more about my filter and how it works. The trick is to KF all of GG posts, then allow exceptions, one-by-one. ;)
On 8/10/2015 10:36 AM, notbob wrote:

I usually filter out based on the "From" information, occasionally, I'll filter out by "Subject".
--
Maggie

Many filters are "linear". Meaning, the filter rules process each entry, one at a time, first to last. If I wanna filter all GG articles, but allow some GG posters access, I must put the exception rules before the all-GG rule.
nb

Apparently, the nick 'notbob' is far too complex for you.
nb

Incorrect.
Jes like one too often sees KF'd posts as quotes in another poster's articles, one can also view good posters via another's quotes. If I think a good poster has been wrongly KF'd, I can mod my score file to allow them access, while still KF'ing most GG'ers. ;)
nb
alt.home.repair:

Well, not incorrect. As you described below, you don't the the poster, you see references to the poster elsewhere.

If that works for you, fine, but it doesn't work for me.
There's more collateral damage than real benefit.

The difference is??

It should. AFAIK, slrn and Xnews score files are very similar:
http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/filters_ex1.html
nb
alt.home.repair:

Please don't pretend to be dumb.

It works mechanically. It doesn't work with my idea of how to manage newsgroup posts.
Oren wrote:

Yeah, he changed it.

Oh sure. I was hoping someone had a list of individuals that are posting OT noise.
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
Oren wrote:

What? They are different posters?! Yeah I was talking about Chris (just an example, he's alright).
There are other newsgroups I would love to be able to hide a message that is a troll reply, and display the poster's messages normally in a non-troll thread.
I will ask Forte about this and ask they add it as a feature, but they really have not been responsive to requests. I've been asking for the ability to filter on *all* header fields for the past decade. They send email asking for feature requests on the next version but I guess my request wasn't popular enough (for the past 5 versions).
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 09 Aug 2015 21:33:32 -0500, G. Morgan

If you are going to write Forte, point out to them that Ignore Subthread is not an option for permanent filters afaict. It's an option in recent version when applied to a given post. but once I'm doing that, it's not hard to delete the rest of the subthread.
OTOH, I can't make Ignore the option for the permanent filter because that would enable the jerks to mess up a whole thread.

I wanted the color from a mailbox, or maybe it was the outbox, to be kept when moving part of a mailbox or the outbox, to a folder, and one of authors told me right here that they wouldn't do that. It woudl only take three lines. I wanted it to keep track of what I had read or not, or maybe it was sent or not. I'd upgrade if they would add that and maybe the permantent subthread ignore.

Other than adding features to allow people to download binaries, they haven't really done anything for Usenet in a very long time. Most of the stuff they add is for e-mail.
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 09 Aug 2015 17:55:36 -0700, Oren

Yes, I've seen posts from both of them**
Of course maybe he means Stormin' Oren.

**You see the same posters wherever you go.

I find funny that those that contribute the least, filter the most. The upside is that i found some to add to my list with the Col. <g>

If I wanted to have a political conversation, I'd subscribe to alt.politics.
As for Oren, he's a hateful bastard. You are known by the people you hang out with. Why would I want to debate with him in the first place, but on alt.home.repair?
My posting record for DIY subjects is plain enough for anyone to see. I don't engage in this homeowners politics stuff, so just where do you think I post?
As for how much I post, I post about what I know about. Never been a contractor, just a homeowner.
--
Dan Espen

On 8/11/2015 6:06 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
<snip> > If I wanted to have a political conversation, I'd subscribe

+1
It's possible, even probable, that our resident political hacks have something of actual value to contribute on occasion. Separating those useful posts from the garbage is not something a lot of us want to spend time doing so filtering out those individuals is the most reasonable course of action.