Killed my first chipmunk

Page 2 of 3

Great! Be sure to post a follow up on how shooting the grubs goes. The grubs the skunk was eating. The grubs that eat the lawn roots and you starts getting the creeping brown spots, then patches, then areas. <he- he>

tonight.
Just wait until someone arms these animals so they can all shoot you for interfering with their plans.
Was a kill trap really necessary? Sometimes, all animals need is to be trapped in a cage trap and they get the idea that they're not wanted there and move on.

Do you recommend that the animals do whatever they want?

This never happens. What really does happen is that the animal learns to stay out of traps. They don't care if they are wanted or not. They just want to eat our food.
On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 21:33:54 -0500, Bert Byfield

I was trying to catch a cat with a havaheart. I only managed to get 4 raccoons and a possum (that I turned loose) The raccoons stayed away after that but the possum just moved into the trap and stayed there, even with it propped open for a few days. I finally had to dump him out and take the trap back to animal control.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Cats are smart, if they can see through the cage they're wary of getting inside. Cover the trap with something and you'll have better luck.
On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 23:29:56 -0500, Mysterious Traveler

I had it closed up, that is why the possum thought it would be a good home. It turns out a neighbor had shot the cat and that is why I didn't catch it.
Dear Darling Wussy,
If you ever hear of such a case, I'd like to know.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Happens all the time with Florida alligators.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

More likely they think you're the pest.
--
Wayne Boatwright

I spell it PITA. to-may-to, to-mah-to :-D
Joe wrote:

Yeah, "People Ingesting Tasty Animals"
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

PETA Please Eat Tasty Animals Works for me>
On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 15:47:24 -0500, IGot2P wrote:

I don't see why not. "People Eating Tasty Animals" already know to cut off the head, gut and skin it. Soak overnight in salt water. Flour, season and fry the next day.
I wouldn't save the trail mix that was left over.

Can you post a pic, or, have you had it for dinner already ?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The trail mix or the Chipmunk or both?? EJ in NJ
On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:19:14 -0400, Van Chocstraw

If you got 1, I guarentee you have about 50 more still alive.
dicko wrote:

Now 49, then 48, then 47 until they are gone. That was the only one on my lawn. If they want to live in the woods, no problem.
On Wed 09 Sep 2009 01:19:14p, Van Chocstraw told us...

It's nothing to brag about, unless you plan to eat it.
--
Wayne Boatwright

I'd like to see a chipmunk kill Van Chocstraw. Van Chocstraw is a pest along with his entire idiot family.

Would be interesting to see, but only from a method standpoint. Wouldn't wish it on anyone, though.
Going to go eat my animal-based breakfast now.