Killed my first chipmunk

This is how. I just used a regular old Victor rat snap trap. I slit a dried apricot and slid it on the trip plate and set the trap and put it near the chipmunk hole. Then I sprinkled some dried raisins, cranberries and a cashew around the trip plate and on the ground. That Walmart tropical trail mix is good for this. In one day I had my chipmunk's head squashed in the trap. Amazing!

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

I hope that you won't mind if I use your post at a PETA meeting tonight. :-)

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

Can you post a pic, or, have you had it for dinner already ?

Reply to
ilbebauck

Oh, did I mention that I shot a skunk last week that was digging holes in my lawn? Moles, chipmunks and skunks are gonna die for digging up my lawn. These are pests.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

charlie

The trail mix or the Chipmunk or both?? EJ in NJ

Reply to
EJ Willson

I'll put up with the holes the skunks dig in my yard happily, in exchange for them destroying the damn beehives contained therein for me. Had about 4 colonies a month ago, they dug them all up. I can again mow without cringing.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

If you got 1, I guarentee you have about 50 more still alive.

Reply to
dicko

I spell it PITA. to-may-to, to-mah-to :-D

Reply to
Joe

Yeah, "People Ingesting Tasty Animals"

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

When chipmunks do over $500 damage under the hood of the wife's car overnight SOMETHING is going to die!!!

Well, 3 got "transported" - if it happens again THEY DIE.

Reply to
clare

Van Chocstraw wrote in news:a6GdnR6sRee4hjXXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Great! Be sure to post a follow up on how shooting the grubs goes. The grubs the skunk was eating. The grubs that eat the lawn roots and you starts getting the creeping brown spots, then patches, then areas.

Reply to
Red Green

Just wait until someone arms these animals so they can all shoot you for interfering with their plans.

Was a kill trap really necessary? Sometimes, all animals need is to be trapped in a cage trap and they get the idea that they're not wanted there and move on.

Reply to
D. Stussy

Do you recommend that the animals do whatever they want?

This never happens. What really does happen is that the animal learns to stay out of traps. They don't care if they are wanted or not. They just want to eat our food.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

I was trying to catch a cat with a havaheart. I only managed to get 4 raccoons and a possum (that I turned loose) The raccoons stayed away after that but the possum just moved into the trap and stayed there, even with it propped open for a few days. I finally had to dump him out and take the trap back to animal control.

Reply to
gfretwell

Cats are smart, if they can see through the cage they're wary of getting inside. Cover the trap with something and you'll have better luck.

Reply to
Mysterious Traveler

I had it closed up, that is why the possum thought it would be a good home. It turns out a neighbor had shot the cat and that is why I didn't catch it.

Reply to
gfretwell

On Wed 09 Sep 2009 01:19:14p, Van Chocstraw told us...

It's nothing to brag about, unless you plan to eat it.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 09 Sep 2009 02:16:21p, Van Chocstraw told us...

More likely they think you're the pest.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Van Chocstraw wrote in news:34mdnal4H45ekDXXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I'd like to see a chipmunk kill Van Chocstraw. Van Chocstraw is a pest along with his entire idiot family.

Reply to
Stepfann King