Kill-a Watt Meter at Costco

Costco here in NJ has these for $26. And it's the better model, where you input your cost of electricity, and it directly reads out how much electricity cost is to run whatever you're measuring by the day, week, month, year, etc. So, if you're looking to pick one up, this is a good deal.
On the negative side, the one I bought doesn't work :( The SET key doesn't do anything, so I can't enter the electric rate. Taking it back to exchange.

Having moved from NJ my nearest Costco is now over an hour away:-((

You can order a lot of what they have online too.
Living in NYS, none come up on the web page.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

But it was a bargain, right?

I wouldn't be fluffing my feathers for spending $26 for something that doesn't work.
Stan Buxley wrote:

Eh, a dud slips through even the best manufacturers QC one in a while. Things can work through all QC testing and then fail after a few thousand miles of shipping vibration. My earlier model Kill-a-Watt works wonderfully.

Lots of people here have used the Kill-A-Watt units and I've never heard of a problem. I see no reason to think it would have been any different if I paid $45 and bought one online. Except I'd be out the shipping for the return. This one I just take back to Costco on my next trip and get another on. No big deal.

just keep it away from inductively caused arcs, like don't plug a 40 watt fan into it, read the watts, then pull the plug. My first one now lives in a world of its own, with about a 40% calibration error. I found a page on how to do a re-calb, but at $20 on the web I picked up two new ones.
-- larry/dallas
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 05:57:26 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

ROTFLOLWTIME
On Mar 30, 7:57am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

How many hours will it store Kwh data for, mine is 99 hours before auto reset.