kids keep kicking their football in to my back garden several times a day. What are my rights?

Page 3 of 3
Tony Hwang <dragon40 shaw.ca> wrote:

Talk is cheap, asshole.
Whoever paid for the football can pay for the damage to the man's garden. Nothing wrong with charging a little bit to give them some sense of responsibility.
--
> From: Tony Hwang <dragon40 shaw.ca>
On Sunday, September 8, 2013 10:44:01 AM UTC-5, Anonymous wrote:

put slimy egg white or dog doo-doo and throw it back
"Anonymous" wrote in message
kids keep kicking their football in to my back garden several times a day. What are my rights? If i dont answer the door they climb the fence. What can I do?
The PLUS on this is they came to the door first to ask. Good kids, make friends with them.
When I was in high school and walking home a kid through a rock at me. I retaliated by throwing a rock back at him. The rock had a good airfoil shape and curved into a 8 x 12 store window. I walked to the store and talked to the owner and we worked things out. WW

They do make motion activated sprinkers: (Amazon.com product link shortened)
Don Wiss <donwiss no_spam.com> wrote:

lol
Anonymous

remove your head from your ass and replace it with the football
On 9/8/2013 10:44 AM, Anonymous wrote:

First thing I'd do is have a chat with the kids and their parents to lay down some ground rules. Rule one being: they are not allowed to climb the fence. Rule two being: they have to ask for and get permission to enter your yard to retrieve their ball. If you aren't home at the time, they just have to wait. Follow the rules and they get their ball back - in time. If that's not good enough, they will have to improve their throwing accuracy or take the game somewhere else.
If they're half-way decent kids, once they know there are rules, they'll obey them most of the time. If they're problem kids, they'll completely ignore the rules, at which point your conscience should be clear in terms of escalating measures for dealing with the incursions.

If they're half-way decent kids why can't they come into the yard to get the ball? If they can follow a rule to stay out of the yard, why can't they follow a rule to get the ball and get out?
That's how it was when I was growing up.
On 9/9/2013 8:27 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Usually the point behind fencing a yard is to keep creatures - including other people and other people's kids - out. There's not much point to having a fence if you're going to grant neighbors blanket permission to enter your property.
If your property contains an attractive nuisance such as a pond, pool, or pet, you can't give kids blanket permission to enter without exposing yourself to liability.
If the kids and/or their parents have chosen to ignore the obvious "do not enter" message that a fence conveys, it will be necessary to make that clear via letter or conversation - and setting conditions for permissible entry if the property owner feels so inclined.
put up a net to prevent the balls from clearing the fence..