Keypad entry door knobs?

Has anyone had experience with keypad entry door knobs? Wondering whether the electronics are reliable and hold up over time or whether you end up using the keys after a while. If I were to use one it would be sheltered somewhat from weather by a five foot porch roof overhang.
Thanks.

I have only one and it is used an a once a week or so basis for about 15 years now.
Our First Aid building has them and has had no problems for the past 15 years or so.
BetsyB

There are two types. One purely mechanical and the other battery powered. The battery types support multiple entry codes, which is handy for setting a temporary code for cleaners, service people, relatives, etc.
I had a battery type for 10 years or so on my previous house with no issues at all. I made sure to change the batteries every year when I changed the smoke detector batteries. The one I had (sorry, I don't remember brand) can also be opened with a key from the outside, and a knob from the inside. I plan to put one on my new house, when I get a round to it.
It's very convenient.
HTH,
Paul