Keyed F series lever for French door. Is free I lock the door from the inside with turn. Peg, door unlocks when lever is pressed. Is this the way this keyed lever system works or did I install incorrectly?

I figured it out!!!!! The door does lock from the inside. However, when the lever is pushed down, it unlocks door. Is this the way this lock is suppose to work?
On 09/11/2016 9:14 AM, Alice wrote:

I'm sure the product data sheet will tell you...but I'd guess the answer is "probably yes" as fire egress safety feature.
On 9/11/16 10:38 AM, dpb wrote:

It is code and has been for some time. Worst fire run I was on was before that and we found a family of four piled up in front of the door. That is also the reason you can't have dead bolts with keys on the inside.
On 9/11/2016 10:43 AM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

I had one on the basement door of my old house. Came down one morning to find a window broken out but the burglar (or worse) did not get in. The key was hanging out of sight a foot away.