Key ident help, plz

This is a long shot, but......I have had for years two small silvertone keys with 'SARASOTA' embossed on 'em. Any idea what they could be for? I'm ready to toss em out. A friend has one with 'BELL' on it and is similarly in the dark. Are these brand names maybe or a key mfr?
Thanks for listening
On 3/8/2013 10:52 AM, val189 wrote:

Silvertone could be for a guitar case and the one with BELL could be an old Bell Telephone box key for something like a payphone or equipment box. Without a picture of the keys, that's my SWAG. ^_^
TDD
On Mar 8, 12:22 pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

LL'

I have never owned a guitar. The Sarasota key has a number S001 stamped on it.
Neither she nor anyone in her family ever worked for a telephone company. I have no idea how long she's had that key, tho. Thanks for the SWAG.
On 3/8/13 1:21 PM, val189 wrote:

The Sarasota may have been for a boat. See http://www.dredgeharbor.com/shopexd.asp?id 8322&bc=no
Maybe the Bell was for a helicopter ?? ;-) http://www.bellhelicopter.com/
val189 wrote the following on 3/8/2013 11:52 AM (ET):

Maybe this for the Sarasota? Looks like a key for a fishing box. http://www.basscatstore.com/locks-2.aspx
Try this for the Bell. Looks like for a bicycle lock. https://www.google.com/search?q ll+lock+keys
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 3/10/2013 7:51 AM, willshak wrote:

I almost never throw keys away because I often find a use for them. One key I kept was a gas cap key to an old car and I discovered that that one little key would open most of the cheap wafer locks I came across. I could insert in a lock, jiggle it a bit and the lock would turn. I suppose it mimicked a professional lock picking tool. ^_^
TDD
On 3/8/2013 10:52 AM, val189 wrote:

You could try alt.locksmithing. It is really dead these days, but some of the regulars probably still check it.
On 3/8/2013 11:52 AM, val189 wrote:

See if the bell fits a bicycle lock. Bell started making bicycle stuff in addition to motorcycle stuff.
--
Jeff