Kerosene -- is there a "stabil" for kerosene?

Are these the same military higher-ups who said we would find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?

Reply to
Larry W

Exactly my point.

In PA with the old "PP&L" (Pennsylvania Power and Light) we had cheap rates, then when the government changed the rules to break up the monopolies it kept going up and up. Here in east TN it's about 11 cents/KWH. I can choose to pay more and 'sponsor' some windmills but I haven't done that yet.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Wasn't that the CIA?

Reply to
Country

Well, I was thinking about Colin Powell doing his dog and pony show on TV when I wrote that, but you have a point, he was out of the military at that time and was Secretary of State. At any rate, I suppose he, the military, and the CIA were just reporting what they were told to.

Reply to
Larry W

Hello David,

I've kept kerosene (in a sealed metal tin stored in a tin shed) for over 10 years, and it still works fine in my kerosene lamps and kerosene heaters.

I'd say it is pretty stable just naturally.

Ross

Reply to
RMD

One of you will be, anyhow.

Reply to
krw

George Tenet, head of the CIA, assured Colin Powell of the accuracy of all the "facts". Then the "facts" one-by-one turned into non-facts. But George Tenet got the "Medal of Freedom" from Bush 2. (So did "you're doing a heck of a job, Brownie".)

Reply to
bud--

Mr. Tenant was a holdover from the Clinton Administration. Since his tenure there was distinguished by getting the intelligence that resulted in us bombing a Sudanese Aspirin Factory and the Chinese Embassy in Belgrade, I have no idea why he was still around for the Bush administration to keep him on.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Perhaps he had some dirt he threatened to spill and GW was too moral to have him killed. Funny thing, when GW assumed command, the death rate of political figures dropped. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I didn't say there wasn't anything to worry about.

I said we didn't import irreplaceable fuel for electricity generation!

The vast majority of imported oil is used for transportation. We COULD replace oil from problematic states with domestic oil were it not for environmentalist's concerns.

You can't put anthrax in (most) coal mines with any success. Most coal is mined in open pit mines.

Reply to
HeyBub

Thanks to all for the experiences and answers.

Looks like stability is no problem, as long as it's kept tightly seled-up.

David

Thanks again!

Reply to
David Combs