Kerosene in a plastic gasoline can

Page 4 of 4
On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 18:43:24 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

One of two places I've bought kero said I must have a blue can. In Baltmore, not California.

I have 32 ounces stored in a clear plastic apple juice bottle, for the last 5 years. Hasn't leaked yet.
On 1/2/2015 2:11 AM, micky wrote:

What does a man do with a quart of kero? Clean motor bearings? Heat a tent?

person selling single cigaretts. They won't go after the big crime, just the little fellows.
On Fri, 02 Jan 2015 08:48:43 -0500, Stormin Mormon

I used the other half gallon to clean a motorcycle gas tank inside. Hadn't been ridden since 1979 iirc.
Oh yeah, I also have a cast iron "dish", 3x8", 2" tall with a porous brick inside, and you pour kerosene on that and use itto start a wood fire in the fireplace. Works quite well. But sometimes I just use newspapers, and I don' t have that many fires, so the kerosene will last a long time.
I might have also saved the dirty half gallon for starting the fireplace. What does it matter if it's dirty or not.

For that I like waterless cleaner in a tube or can, or Boraxo powdered hand cleaner.

I have not looked at what is in it, but the GO-JO smells like it is soap and kerosene. That is used to clean the hands.
bob haller posted for all of us...

Cite please.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*