Kerosene in a plastic gasoline can

Actually the part you quoted was by Bundy. I did a poor job of editing. Yes firemen care greatly!!

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Years ago we laughed at my uncle that had painted "garbage" on his garbage can.

I guess we would laugh today if he painted "gas" on his gas can ;)

Reply to
Frank

I used the other half gallon to clean a motorcycle gas tank inside. Hadn't been ridden since 1979 iirc.

Oh yeah, I also have a cast iron "dish", 3x8", 2" tall with a porous brick inside, and you pour kerosene on that and use itto start a wood fire in the fireplace. Works quite well. But sometimes I just use newspapers, and I don' t have that many fires, so the kerosene will last a long time.

I might have also saved the dirty half gallon for starting the fireplace. What does it matter if it's dirty or not.

Reply to
micky

For that I like waterless cleaner in a tube or can, or Boraxo powdered hand cleaner.

Reply to
micky

I have not looked at what is in it, but the GO-JO smells like it is soap and kerosene. That is used to clean the hands.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

bob haller posted for all of us...

Cite please.

Reply to
Tekkie®

replying to mycomputer3, Sunrise_2009 wrote: Yellow is for diesel

Reply to
Sunrise_2009

replying to Harry K, Cheryl Grosso wrote: Ok so how do I clean out an old gas can to transport kerosene as a temporary solution. Cold snap hit, and I dire need of heat, kerosene heaters and one fire place are all I have and the fire place alone is not sufficient. I plan to purchase proper container when I can but now I need the money to pay for the kerosene to heat my house.

Reply to
Cheryl Grosso

Pour out the gas and fill it with kerosene. They are miscible. You may have to find a colorblind supplier if they're picky.

Reply to
rbowman

It is spooky to read "Stormin's" old posts...

makolber

I read one yesterday and wanted to reply i hope the light is everlasting based on his beliefs so there would be no more dead batteries.

Reply to
Thomas

replying to mycomputer3, Jennifer Nieto wrote: Yellow is for diesel fuel

Reply to
Jennifer Nieto

*

  • American Public Works Association Uniform Color Codes. *

  • RED ? Electric Power Lines, Cables, Conduit, and Lighting Cables. * YELLOW ? Gas, Oil, Steam, Petroleum, or Gaseous Material. * ORANGE ? Communication, Alarm or Signal Lines, Cables, or Conduit. * BLUE ? Potable Water. * GREEN ? Sewers and Drain Lines.
Reply to
backhoe

That is true for pipes/lines - but not for containers -

Reply to
clare

But my sewer pipes are white and my water pipes are an oxidized copper color.  Do I need to paint them to meet code?

Reply to
Jennifer

In an industrial/commercial setting you use colored labels and arrow indicating direction of flow.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski