Kerosene cans

Looking for an online source for the old type K-1 cans..The ones with a regular vent....I HATE the new type....Tried a couple of searches including E-Bay but only found CARB compliant cans..Thanks for any help....
Try the oldest hardware stores in your town.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Your premise may be wrong...that there is one.

I've spilled more gas with those new-fangled contraptions than I ever did with a can & funnel.
I gave up pouring Kerosene a few yrs ago when I was filling a heater for my neighbor. He had one of these- (Amazon.com product link shortened)
Shop around- prices go from $10-30 for essentially the same thing.
No dripping, no lifting. Batteries in mine are 2 yrs old- and hang in an unheated and un-air-conditioned garage.
Jim

Thanks for the tip...I'm gonna have one of those but I still would like a new OLD type K1 and gas can..I will have to check the flea markets...

Saw 2 in a flea market today. The 5 gal was $24.95 and the 2 gal was $18.95. Were in somewhat reasonable shape but with old metal cans you never can tell.

Being a scientist, I naturally wanted to see how those cans worked.
I took the spout apart to it's component parts. In re-assembling it, some parts would not re-assemble, but I did find that the spout worked better.
:-)
Andy
Hipupchuck wrote: ...

EPA/OSHA reg ideas.
> ... What's wrong with these ... engineers and designers???
Nothing--they're working to regulation/requirement not of their doing.

try flea market for old cans that work well
the tera pumps work awesome
Hack saw, fixed mine. Jerry
http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair

As of 1/1/09, there is a $500 fine *per container* for anyone selling non CARB compliant fuel containers. Stores may sell existing stocks of pre 2009 containers without penalty, so if you want to replace any containers, you better do so soon. It's hell when the whole USA has to follow screwed up California rules.
Red