Kero World Kerosene Heaters- EXTREMELY NOXIOUS FUMES- INCOMPLETE CUMBUSTION

In my opinion,Kero World kerosene heaters don't get enough oxygen (air) to the flame. There is a metal collar around the base of the flame which has tiny holes in it (and too few of them)to allow enough air through to support complete combustion of the fuel.
That is my opinion.
It is not just my opinion that the heater stinks terribly. It is the opinion of everyone in my family. Therefore, I am comfortable in saying that it is a FACT- the heater smells of raw unburned kerosene and it is a FACT that breathing petroleum distillate fumes causes liver and brain cell and lung damage!
The particular model in question is KW-11B. There is no reason to believe that this assessment does not apply to ALL kero World heaters.
The heater is made by World Marketing Inc. in Tennessee. The company has not contacted me for over a year. They have sent no one to my house to inspect and resolve this. Clean K-1 kerosene was used and the heater was set up according to directions. (including initial burn-off) This IS NOT a clean burning heater. I have had very clean burning heaters before that burn cleanly ON THE FIRST BURN. The Kero World set off my three smoke/carbon monoxide detectors.
My suggestion when buying a kerosene heater. TRY IT OUT FIRST! A discount store may not allow you to do that so do it at a hardware store. Tell the hardware store that you are comparing models (if you like the heater and wish to buy it cheaper at the discount store-go ahead. You can buy a small item at the store as a "thank you" for demonstrating it) If the hardware store does not have a demo model burning- ask them why not. They can save money on heat and demonstrate the unit at the same time to make a sale. They may not want to do that because they know the HEATER STINKS! They may not be able to do so because of a state or local ordinance. (In that case, they can certainly light it up in an outdoor shed for demonstration purposes)Stores will start up ANY appliance before you walk out the door with it. Why should a kerosene heater be any different? There are inexpensive kerosene heaters which burn almost as clean as the forced air, electric plug-in ones. I find that the Turco Heritage model is clean burning. I would try out a Turco first. CLEAN BURNING kerosene heaters give off practically NO carbon MONoxide. They give off clean carbon DIoxide and water vapor.
One reason why many of these heaters stink, in my opinion, is because the wick is TOO THICK. The top of the wick holds too much fuel which is simmering at a relatively low temperature- just below the flame- which gives off more raw vapors than can be completely combusted. Any comments from experts on this, out there? Anyone recommend others which are clean burning? Post it and email me if you would, and maybe do as I did- CONTACT THE CPSC! (They are now looking into this matter- no reply as of 11/25/03)
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Mommie......what Mommie? Roger...........who Roger? Bill.................Artie Boy
you "still" haven't figured it all out yet have you? it's a pity you are SSSoooooooo dense!