Keralia engineered floor is slippy question

Hi
We recently installed the above (Brazilian Cherry) and enjoy the looks, but, it is the aluminum oxide (baked on) final coat that is rather slippy, enough for us to be considered about safety for our guests. Is there ANY coating that we could put on that would work. I know we would sacrifice some gloss, which is ok, or our there any other suggestions? It's above a cork underlayment, and a layer of moisture protection over a slab.
Jack
Hi
We recently installed the above (Brazilian Cherry) and enjoy the looks, but, it is the aluminum oxide (baked on) final coat that is rather slippy, enough for us to be considered about safety for our guests. Is there ANY coating that we could put on that would work. I know we would sacrifice some gloss, which is ok, or our there any other suggestions. It's above a cork underlayment, and a layer of moisture protection over a slab.
Jack
Only the manufacturer can tell you what to do, some modern finishes are nearly imposible to bond to since modern plastics are included in the formula. I dont think its worth the trouble and getting an equaly good looking finish would be very difficult and costly. Call the manufacturer, they will give you details then you get the bids from a real pro.
On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 06:12:02 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll call the mfg. tomorrow. We only use pros for all of our work.
Jack