Kenmore/Whirlpool Oven Door

On the first day the Devil went to work, she created Lawyers, HMO's, and electric stoves. I have an electric stove - never again.

The lower burner died. My childbride cleaned the oven and I replaced the burner via RepairClinic.com - great service at a reasonable price.

Upon seeing how cruddy the inner window of the door was, I removed it and its gasket broke into many pieces. Per RepairClinic.com, both the inner window and the gasket have been discontinued by the manufacturer. The window is not a problem as soaking it in PBW should clean it, if not - then lye.

How do you replace the gasket?

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Call a local appliance repair shop that also sells parts to the public

- a Mom & Pop shop, not a Sears, etc - They probably have sources for discontinued items like that.

It might also be time to think about replacing the stove with something more efficient and likable. If NG or propane is available, I'd certainly go for it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Make a gasket with red high temp silicone sealant available at most auto parts stores. Don't use lye on the glass as will be permanent;y etched. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Joe wrote in news:f0c38cda-065a-4602-95b8-d907fd114244 @n58g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Good tip Joe. Have to keep that one in my back pocket.

I did have to replace one once. It was expensive...like $70. Didn't know at the time about RepairClinic.com. I've used them for other things since and agree great service at a reasonable price.

Reply to
Red Green