Kenmore washer violent on spin.

Hello, My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't even any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it doing this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it from walking away. Clothes are balanced...

Reply to
Matt

If the clothes were balanced it wouldn't do it. Try a lighter load.

Reply to
dadiOH

Should have bought a Maytag.

Reply to
William Deans

Reply to
Phil Munro

That's been my experience with washers in the past but A) Shouldn't it sound a buzzer and stop if it's THAT off balance? and B) there aren't THAT many clothes in it... even when it's empty it shakes a bit.

Reply to
Matt

I once had a washer that stopped doing this after I tightened some loose bolts near the bottom, that held the base on to the rest of the machine.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

see the problem?

its probably a broken or disconnected spring like the other guy said.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

I had the same problem with my new washing machine. The fellas that delivered it forgot to take out one of the shipping bolts at the bottom of the unit. You should take the cabinet off so you can take a better look at what's going on. A broken or disconnected spring, bent or broken spring bracket would be the things to look for.

Rich

Rich

Have you checked to see that it is level? That what makes mine do the "walkabout"

Reply to
SQLit

I had the same problem last year with a 10 yr old Kenmore. It was the spring. Found it on the floor under the washing machine and at first could not figure out where it came from. Finally noticed a broken out hole on the cabinet. The spring had pulled through the lip of the cabinet. I drilled anotherhole nearby and reattached the spring. Fine so far.

Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+

Gary Dyrkacz

If it shakes, it isn't balanced. Usually the unbalancing factor is clothes, but if it shakes when there are no clothes in it, something is definitely wrong, i.e. part of the spinning mechanism is unbalanced. Have you lifted the top and looked at the tub to see if anything is obvious?

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Yeah the level I have shows it's about as close as you can get to level. Last night the wife and I did 4 load of laundry. 2 of which did "the walk" and I had to jump on the washer, 2 were fine. Only difference was she loaded it a bit higher on the two that did the walkabout, but it wasn't THAT full. I've loaded many other washers to the same point with no issues in the past.

Reply to
Matt

Hi,

Kenmore is made by several different companies...model# is??

Always done this, just started recently? Washer is on a wood/cement floor? Has the washer been moved recently?

jeff Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Yeah, nothing looks obviously off, and the springs all seem in place. When it spins with no clothes it definately has this whir weee whir weee whir weee to it that seems to indicate something is funky on the tub.. I think I'm going to call Kenmore/Sears about it and see what they can do as it's still mostly under warranty.

Reply to
Matt

Ah, but is the entire washer balanced?

And does you washing machine have a view of television, or video games? Those promote violence, now days. You may need to pop a couple Ritalin into the basket before doing clothes.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
Matt