Kenmore Washer problem..water leaking...

Within the last week our Washer has started to leak from the bottom somewhere. We are not over filling as even on the lowest session it still leaks water all over the floor. Any ideas?
Jason wrote:

Talk about a coincidental. I have the same problem, except mine is a GE. You may want to take the bottom grill off and watch it during a cycle to see when and from where it's leaking. On ours the leak happens during the draining phase. There is a little toggling switch valve thingy that moves via a spring when it discharges the water. It's when this valve opens it leaks. I'm guessing there is something within the housing of that part like a gasket or something that needs replacement.
I have the repair folks coming out today to fix it so I'll give you an update when I get it fixed.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Well, the verdict is in adn it's the motor pump and some cellanoid (sp?) thing. All to the tune of $260. Looks like we'll just bite the bullet and buy a new one. Hope your problem isn't this bad.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Look into doing it yourself first. Start by googling for the model number. If it is a GE less than ten years old and the transmission is okay, I bet you can do it for less than $100 in parts.
Hi,
Washer make, model#, approx age??
Leaks when filling, draining, agitating, right away, near the end of the cycle????
I've been trying to get my GE water leak fixed for 2 months now. I've got a home warranty, so I just called them for service after I couldn't figure out where the leak was.
They've now been out 5 times and I still have a leak. What's worse, they're now refusing to do anything more, saying that it's been fixed. My question is, why is there water all over the floor and running under my cabinets when I do a load of dishes? Hmmmm, must be a LEAK! haha
I've done everything I can think to do on this thing. The level is good (actually tipped towards the back a little), the gaskets are good, including the corners, I'm not using too much soap, on and on. Man, this is getting frustrating.

Jason wrote:

    Could be anywhere, but most often such leaks are the pump. You need to pull it away from the wall and look for the leak.
Jason wrote:

This guy Jeff of Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com/ and his website are likely to be able to help you. Buy your parts from him.