Kenmore Washer Clicking Noise

I have a Kenmore direct drive washing machine model #110.28922790 bought around 88-89.
When the washer is agitating there is a steady loud clicking noise coming from the front of the motor. I can also see a spark behind the plate of the drive motor switch that sparks in unison with the loud click. All the other cycles are working fine.
I'm guessing the switch is going bad but wanted to verify with someone else.
What do you think?
Thanks,
David
David Burge wrote:

Hi,
-Some- common noise makers....something in the drain pump, agitator drive dogs are worn, motor, gearbox.

Loose/burnt wire at the motor plug?...loose burnt contact inside the motor switch?...loose burnt wire inside the motor? Doesn't seem like a healthy motor :(

They do go bad...but can cost approx 1/2 of the cost of the whole motor ( which comes with a new switch )...
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N6 Washing machine drive motor, 3 speed
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N5527 Motor Start Swtich
Make sure the wire plug wires look ok.