Kenmore warm mist humidifier

I have a tabletop warm mist humidifier which has stopped working. No heat, no power light, nothing. Tried another appliance on the same outlet, and it worked fine, so..after only a few months of use, it looks like I'll have to trash it unless I can find a replacement part. I googled, dogpiled, and allthewebed for hours without any results. Perhaps they just don't provide electrical parts for these low-end units. BTW, Sears refused to honor the warranty since I couldn't provide a receipt...they wouldn't accept my cancelled check. I guess they won't get any more of my business.

If anyone out there knows where to get parts for this unit, please let me know. In the meantime, if anyone has any recommendations for a warm mist 3 to 5 gallon RELIABLE humidifier, please let me know. Thanks to all who reply.

john

Reply to
john

What model number, what part ???

Did you try Sears Parts at

You'll need model number to look up part availability & cost.

Reply to
Reed

Thanks Reed.

Yes, I've tried the Sears parts site, but unfortunately, they only list non-electrical parts. I need the heating element and fuse, which I'm beginning to think is a part that is not available. The model # of the unit is, 997.151250. BTW, the heating element is usually the part that goes first with any of the warm mist humidifiers. That is why it's important to get a long warranty and put the sales receipts away in a safe place.

Reply to
john

Judging from the $52 price of the "mist chamber" part, I would think the element is included, but that is certainly not clear from the parts list & diagram. Plus a whole new unit is currently selling for $59 so ............

I suspect a company called Patton Electric of New Haven, Indiana is actual manufacturer of this unit, but could find no web site, etc for them.

--reed

Reply to
Reed

Try talking to a few higher ups at Sears obviously a canceled check of the same price with tax cant be duplicated, it is proof of payment.

Reply to
m Ransley

I sent an e-mail to the corporate headquaters. Their response wasn't encouraging. They appear to be very inflexible about this...note their pat response:

Thank you for contacting Sears.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, it is a requirement

for the return to have the receipt. If you charged this on a Sears credit card, you may call the following number to request a copy of the receipt

1-800-917-7700. Sharon B. Sears Customer Care snipped-for-privacy@sears.com 1-800-349-4358
Reply to
john

You're probably right about "mist chamber" containing the element. However, at $52, I'm not interested. Besides, I'm now generally down on Sears customer support. I doubt if I will purchase from them again. BTW, I just found a unit on ebay, made by Holmes. Pretty similar to the Kenmore unit except it comes with a FIVE year warranty. That's almost unheard of, in view of the short life of these systems. AND, only $29.80 + $7.95 for shipping, brand new factory sealed. I read a review somewhere on this unit, and it was favorable.

Thanks again.

Reply to
john

Does it really have a heating element? All the hot mist humidifiers I have seen use electrodes that pass current through the water and heat it directly. Nothing really to go wrong except after a few years the electrodes corrode. Maybe you just need to replace the fuse.

CAUTION The electrode type are VERY dangerous to work on. DO NOT PLUG IT IN WHEN THE ELECTRODES ARE EXPOSED.

Mark

Reply to
Mark