Kenmore top-loading washer, series 80

Kenmore top-loading washer, series 80. Burning smell, but still works. I noticed that during spin (to remove water) if I lift the lid the spin stops IMMEDIATELY, no coasting to a stop. I'm pretty handy, but what part to replace? (Thanks in advance, not that I won't thank you l8tr)

Reply to
Paul

Michael B

Hi, Dust build up? How old is it? Wonder if motor has brushes.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Lots of washers have brakes to stop the drum. Maybe it came loose, rubs, and gets hot while spinning then stops as it should when the lid is opened?

Reply to
Tony Miklos