kenmore stove won't work

I cleaned out my Kenmore stove today. I was unaware that the oven was on low. In the process I lifted the lower element in the stove and one of the wires fused itself to the chassis. Now neither the oven or the burners work. The fuse in the electrical panel is okay. The lights on the oven that indicate that the burners are on light up. The oven light works. Nothing else does. Does the stove have some sort of internal fuse? I once had an older oven with fuses in the upper panel but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Hi,
Kenmore is made by several different companies...model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

fuse box....or 1/2 of the breaker let go. http://www.applianceaid.com/elecrange.html#dead

Some do, some don't, but usually individual items are fused in the range and no fuse for everything is inside the range itself, that would be in your house fuse box.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jeff) wrote:

It turns out that it was the house fuse. It is a little confusing because I measured 120 V going to both sides of the T-Block at the back of the oven.
Regardless... I pulled the buss fuse out of the electrical panel in the basement. They were 50A and one was scorched. On advice from the staff from the local electric supply store I replace them with 40A. All is now well.
Thank you for your advice
Ray B
Hi Ray,
Just wanted to add this: to determine the proper fuses or breaker for your range, check the model number plate. Divide the total kw by the rated voltage (usually 240V) to get the size fuses or breaker in amps, that yours needs.
Example: my older Amana's rated at 10.6 kw @ 240V. Dividing 10,600 by 240 yields 44.16A, so I have a 50A breaker in its supply (the old 45A fuses would be OK here if you could still find them). A 40A would 'nuisance trip' at our house from time to time.
Ranges vary in this rating, and if you go very far undersized, you won't realize it until you have a house full of company on a holiday when you're using 3 or 4 burners and the oven all at the same time. You won't be very, um, 'popular' with the cook if you've installed undersized fuses <grin>.
God bless,
Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA www.DavesRepair.com snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com 570-363-2404
Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair technician! Get your monthly email newsletter here: (Back issues now posted too!) www.DavesRepair.com
John 3:3

Glad to hear that! :) Thankx for the update!!