Kenmore Oven

Hi, you guys helped me before, amybe you can again. I have a Kenmore stove(362.72295790) and the glo bar is glowing red however there is no ignition. The saftey valve can't or won't open to let the gas come in??? My limited understanding tells me that if the glo-bar lights there is continuity through the saftey valve??? Both of these parts are expensive($64 & $72), so I would like to replace the correct one, or should I replace both? Or is there another componet that could cause the problem? Thanks Dave
Hi Dave,
In about 95% of these, the ignitor's the problem. Goes high-R with age, still glows, but doesn't pass enough current to open the valve. Replace the ignitor.
And they're not expensive. I sell them every day for $27.50 plus $4 Priority Mail (two days) here: http://www.DavesRepair.com/SaleParts/IGN5sale.htm
God bless,
Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA www.DavesRepair.com snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com 570-363-2404
Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair technician! Get your monthly email newsletter here: (Back issues now posted too!) www.DavesRepair.com