Kenmore model 41788052700 dryer problems

I have a Kenmore model 41788052700 electric dryer. I purchased it in 4/08. Everything was running fine till 2 months ago. Then it would occasionally stop during a cycle and beep with all the control lights flashing and not restart. I had a service guy come out and the machine worked perfect. A week after he visited it started again. I have checked and cleaned out the dryer vent. Checked and installed completely new vent tube. There are no obstructions. Now I cant get the machine to stay running at all. You can make all your selections and it will run a few minutes, stop and start beeping as the lights flash. Is this just a simple replace the control panel or are there 50 other things that can be wrong. The machine has a moisture sensor from my understanding. Does that go bad? It does this on all the settings. You can feel that the dryer does heat up normally after it starts. it just doesn't keep running.

-------------------------------------

Reply to
uncfuz

Tony

Reply to
uncfuz

e quoted text -

Second to Tony's opinion. Mechanical timers have been around forever and the bugs are pretty well worked out. The designers that use electronic controls put all sorts of goodies into the control options, that just make that much more to go bad, plus making diagnosing the problem that much more complicated.

Reply to
hrhofmann