Kenmore model 41788052700 dryer problems

I have a Kenmore model 41788052700 electric dryer. I purchased it in 4/08. Everything was running fine till 2 months ago. Then it would occasionally stop during a cycle and beep with all the control lights flashing and not restart. I had a service guy come out and the machine worked perfect. A week after he visited it started again. I have checked and cleaned out the dryer vent. Checked and installed completely new vent tube. There are no obstructions. Now I cant get the machine to stay running at all. You can make all your selections and it will run a few minutes, stop and start beeping as the lights flash. Is this just a simple replace the control panel or are there 50 other things that can be wrong. The machine has a moisture sensor from my understanding. Does that go bad? It does this on all the settings. You can feel that the dryer does heat up normally after it starts. it just doesn't keep running.
------------------------------------- <=======}==O
--
| Delivered via http://www.homeownershub.com |
uncfuz wrote:

Being that it worked for a week or so after the repairman was there, I'd personally open it up and take a good look at the electronics, looking for faulty electrical connections. Mainly poor solder joints, loose wire connectors, and sometimes loose IC's in sockets, if any are in sockets.
As long as mechanical timers types are available, I would never buy an appliance with all the extra electronic bullshit they put into them.
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Kenmore-model-41788052700-dryer-problems-454344-.htm uncfuz wrote:
Tony wrote:

I see how I wrote something that could be mis understood. When the service guy came he did nothing to the machine. It worked fine while he was there and he said he could not find anything wrong. I will take the advise though and check out the electrical connections. That makes a lot of sense.

Second to Tony's opinion. Mechanical timers have been around forever and the bugs are pretty well worked out. The designers that use electronic controls put all sorts of goodies into the control options, that just make that much more to go bad, plus making diagnosing the problem that much more complicated.