Kenmore Microwave Oven goes belly up - twice in 2 years.

Page 2 of 2

Did you isolate one end of the diode, and test it, using a VOM?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

No S.M. I am waiting (hopefully) for the instructions for the diode installation. Otherwise I'll have to start hammering until I get the case open :-)
The couple diodes I got from my parts house came in small plastic bag, with no install instructions. I had to pull several screws from the back and bottom of the microwave, and the case came off relatively easily.
Sears (Kenmore) had parts diagrams online, so you can learn a lot from them.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Oh Great and Wise ones why did you not tell me about the weirdo screwdriver needed to remove the panels? :-(
I've been up on the mountain for a long time. The only ones we've gotten up here have had phillips screws. Sorry about that.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus