Kenmore Microwave Oven - 2 failures in 2 years

Hi Experts,

This model 721.63252 301 has gone belly up for the 2nd time in 2 years. Both times it blew there was a pop, then a smell of overheated plastic and then a loud hum. I took it to Sears the first time and they replaced the diode. It then worked fine though it had very small usage.

Now is the second time and it is off the warranty. I opened up the oven case and quickly found the diode. It has the marker T3512 and H6N below it. One end of the diode has two silver bands around it. It doesn't look overheated.

The area near this diode has a magnetron coupled with 2 wires to a trafo and one to a capacitor which continues through the diode to ground. A third wire on the trafo goes to the second terminal of the capacitor.

If I could have this diode identified , I'd greatly appreciate it.

TIA

Reply to
RF

2 years.
[bla bla bla]

Didn't we just do this (Kenmore bellyup 2 times x 2 years) to death on 9/27 and now it is back ?

I mean damn.... alot of good people gave lots of great answers and here it is re-posted anew ? it is very insulting to those people who gave their time and help to repost the whole damn lot with no new question and apparently no work to look at the schemats and links given to the OP.

let me guess ... you didn't like the answers so you went and found some appliance repair portal that just redirects the questions back to usenet (s.e.r) ? oh no looks like you just took it out of (alt.home.repair) and added it to (s.e.e)

next try alt.energy.high-voltage.magnetron

did you thank anybody the first time... for their time

sigh...

Reply to
robb

That was just an examination for that newsgroup and the scores were a bit low, so I had to try for the professionals :-)

As I mentioned above, the professionals are the ones to go to.

Wrong, wrong and wrong. I relied on that oven purely to boil water and, because I have numerous other appliances, there was no rush and I'm still in no rush.

Very near the end of the thread I wrote:

"Thanks to all for your efforts.

I have ordered Diode A ($16 incl shipping)and now I am waiting for the sparks to fly :-) "

Use your glasses next time.

Reply to
RF