Kenmore heavy duty high capacity washer

I broke the load size knob off and now it wont pump the water out. It just quits when the cycle ends. My landlord is goin apeshit so if you can help me it will greatly appreciate it. I cant find ANYTHING at the sears website. Thanks for any ideas as I live off social security so I cant afford a repair man. Please help. thanking you in advance, Bo

Reply to
The Kid

That's surpising. It must be set in between two load sizes.

What is under the knob? a metal shaft? Is it round and smooth? round and fluted? round with a slot in the middle? Shaped like a D?

If you can get a pair of pliers** on it and twist it to the next notch, in either direction, the water should pump out. Chose the direction of the load size that you usually use.

**If it's the type with a slot in the middle (probably not) try not to crush the slot. You'll need it when you get the right knob, and you may break off one side of the slot.

Does he use it too, or did you ask him to fix it? This is maybe a three dollar part, iirc.

They have replacement knobs, if it's only the knob that is broken. Call a service center on the phone and ask them.

Depending on the shape of the shaft, a TV repair store might have an old knob that fits. OTOH are there still TV repair stores, and were any of them in business when large knobs were still used.

It's just a knob. I have a job, but I still wouldn't have a service call for this.

mm