kenmore front load washer 'washer lint'

I've been using a kenmore front load washer now for 6 months...and I'm realizing that I haven't found a lint trap in the actual washing machine!
Every top loader washer I've used in the past had a lint trap in the washer that I could empty.
Am I missing something.
Thanks in advance, Alex.

No need for a lint trap. The wash action is so gentle towards the clothes...no agitator beating the clothes to death..that no lint is created. Or at least not enough to bother with. By the way all top loaders come with a self cleaning lint filter, now. It catches the lint during the wash cycle and then washes it down the drain when it spins out. Unless you drain into a sump pump or laundry tub..then it plugs up the screen or drain there and floods the basement. I've been selling these machines for twenty five years.

Tom wrote in message ...

I agree.
There is however an accessory called a "washer drain protector" which can be added to the drain hose of most washers which has a removable, cleanable filter. It can be used to prevent lint build up in drains for cases where it is troublesome. You can see what it looks like at the following link:
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rcT1811
It actually mounts up side down to how it is shown in the picture above with the filter access is through the large end.
JFYI
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=clothes+washer+lint
=~~~~~~

Cleanable lint filter have just about disappeared from top loading washers. The appliance manufacturers now say removing lint is the job of the dryer and *not* the washer.
I doubt you front load washer has a lint filter but if you post the full model number off it, we can check the parts list to make sure as they're not all the same. You can find tips for finding the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Kenmore+washer
=~~~~~~
On 8 Dec 2003 21:52:16 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (fivealex) wrote:

If you have a Kenmore HE3t there is one behind the lower front panel. There are several screws to take the panel off. Then a lot of water will be dumped on the floor when you open it (have lots of towels). Then there shouldn't be any lint in it. Maybe it's to keep bigger things, like buttons from jamming up the pump.
Don <donwiss at panix.com>.