Kenmore Elite Washer Over Fill Switch?

My Kenmore Elite washer is displaying the code "FL" which I guess stands for Over Fill. The instructions state to reset the "over fill switch" but I can't seem to find anything in the instructions that explain where the switch is. Does anyone know where I can find it?
Thanks! Jeffrey Kahn
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jeffrey Kahn) wrote in message

Hi,
Cute name.....but not a model# http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.
I found this for an Whirlpool built Kenmore....
FL Flood Condition FL flashes if any overfill condition occurs. This condition occurs when excessive water in the tub causes the overfill switch to trip. The control must realize that the trip was due to an overfill condition instead of a suds lack condition in order for FL to be displayed
With an overfill condition, the beeper repeats a warning every 10 seconds with no time-out. The pump is cycled in drain mode for 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off until the overfill switch resets or power is discontinued to the unit.
Press STOP/CANCEL to clear the display.
The model number appears to be 110.21082000 so I guess it is made by Whirlpool.
Is the overfill switch an actual switch that I can push or is it just something that is handled automatically by the washer? Should I just keep it on in the hopes that it will drain itself (there is some water still in the machine which is probably causing the overfill display to come on). I would hate to pay for someone to come out to fix it if it is an easy fix but I am terrible at home repair so it doesn't look good.
Thanks, Jeffrey Kahn
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jeffrey Kahn) wrote in message

Hi,
Nope, the washer is -suppose- to do that on it's own.
A copy....
*I had two clypso pumps last week that locked causing the over fill code to appear. the first one was easy to diagnose because as soon as i would put it into drain out you could hear pump motor humming. I removed the pump and no obvious restriction. replaced pump and when i got back out to the truck i chiseled the pump apart to see what was binding. there was some lint around the seal but the impeller was rubbing on the top of the pump housing. the best i can guess is that the suds from using regular soap caused the pump to overheat. The second pump was more time consuming. washer worked fine for about 30 min. then it stopped recirculitating. put it into drain and it would drain out. checked the motor and it was blazing hot. i thought it might be the pump motor but then it quit draining as well. bottom line is the pump was in the same condition as the first pump, with impeller rubbing on the top of pump housing. Both customers were using regular soap and not HE soap.*
**I wonder if these were the new style pump (has a star ribbed on the bottom side) or the orginal (has flat surface on bottom side). The orginal was known for causing an FL (flood) error code**
***These were the new style pumps with the ridges. the HE soap is very important to keep down the suds. when the suds are in the pump it cant pump water through and the pumps overheat.***
****I have had a rash of Calypso pump calls as well. Replaced 4 in the last 1.5 weeks. All not using HE soap.**** ~~~~~~~~~~~ Above is some chaps talking about a FL code and pump problems.
Water should drain out if you remove ( power off first ) one of the drain pump hoses and either drain onto the floor or into a bucket.
There is a manual available for these.... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N8450 Calypso washer repair manual
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N2146 Drain pump assembly
http://www.applianceaid.com/calypso.html Some on-line info.
Does tide HE liquid give any problems? It is pretty darn sudsy compared to other HE detergents.

None that anybody has told me about....I personally have not used an HE soap but many customers have and no major problems from the Tide HE has been brought up.
Do you have any experience with the Kenmoore Elite Calypso? I know the Whirlpool and Kenmoore are close to identical, but it seems that the control panel is different. I have a Job Aid manual for the Whirlpool, but as the control panel is different, none of the diagnostic steps will work. Any idea how I can get the Kenmoore manual?
I have had two pumps replaced in the past by Sears repairment. The washer went out a few days ago with the "FL" and "LD" errors. I went ahead and changed the pump this time myself, but it didn't help. Someone suggested taking off the washplate to see if the drain was plugged there. Will try that tonight.
Really bugs me though that I can't get a good manual.
I believe someone posted here that the new style pumps were not holding up with regular (non HD) detergent. It was either for your washer or the front loader. Hopefully the original poster will respond.

I forgot to mention, my model # is: 110 22062100, which is a Sears model number.
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (AndyV) wrote in message

Hi,
By the model#, it -says- this is the manual.... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N25803
Shows back-ordered :(
Maybe Sears will have???? TECH SHEET #LIT3954702 USE AND CARE GUIDE #LIT3955333 MANUAL (WASHER) DO-IT-YOURSELF #LIT4314044
Unfortunately, I've bought that from Sears already. It's just a generic washing machine repair manual, last updated in 1999.