Kenmore Electric Range Surface light is on.

I have a Kenmore Range Model: 911-9384991, SN: 6F207209Q. Recently, one of the receptacle was lose and burnt out. The surface light is always on even all coils are set to OFF. Unplug the power cable and re-plug does not help. I know how to replace the receptacle, but have no idea why the surface light is on. What could be the problem? Can I fix it?
Thanks Scott
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 16, 7:34 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

is the surface light you refer to the light that comes on when any of the top surfaces is hot?
Add pictures here
✖

The surface light is always on right after plugged power cable, no matter any coil is on or off. The surface light should be off when no coil is on, right?
Thanks Scott
Add pictures here
✖