Kenmore Dryer won't shut off

My Kenmore dryer won't shut off:

The time has been replaced so it is not a defective timer:

The timer does not move on the automatic permanet press cycle, but on the timed dry cycle the time moves ahead untill the heater elements turn off but the drum contnues to tumble and never shuts off?

What might be wrong?

Reply to
John Armstrong

The motor switch.

Reply to
Gary Tait

It will depend on the exact dryer model number you have and the components used on it as they can be made by various manufacturers and be different designs.

Since both the timed and automatic cycle is effected as well, I might suspect motor relay (if used on your model) or its electronic 'Event Heat Control' (if used on your model).

If your model *doesn't* have an electronic control, a defective motor switch might cause such a symptom but should have nothing to do with advancing of the timer on the automatic setting. Maybe that's just a coincidence?

Does the dryer start up without having to push the 'push to start' button? If it does, the dryer continuing to run could indicate a problem in that switch. But again that should have nothing to do with advancing of the timer on the automatic setting.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

John Armstrong wrote

Well that would likely mean the timer contacts are not fused but since it is a new timer, that would pretty much be a given.

A 'moisture sensor' would usually only affect an automatic or permanent press cycle and not a regular timer cycle but again it will depend on the exact model of dryer you have and how it was designed.

You can read what information is needed to identify the product you have in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

I replaced the resistor (a $5 part) and this fixed the problem

Reply to
John Armstrong