Kenmore dryer timer doesn't advance

I have a Kenmore Series 90 dryer. In either the auto dry mode or the timed dry, the timer doesn't advance, at all. So the dryer continues to run. If I move it manually to Off, it stops. The heater element turns off correctly when the timer is turned to the Off position.

Before I got and drop $85 for a new timer, I'd like to know if that is the problem or if there is another component that might be bad.

Anyone have any experience with this problem?

Is there a signal coming in to the timer module telling it to advance, or does it advance all on its own?

Thanks...

Reply to
mifergie

Hi,

Kenmore is made by several different companies....model#?

Check for power to the timer motor with a volt meter, power there but no timer movement/advancing = timer problem.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid