Kenmore Dryer stops before its time

I have a 5 year old Kenmore gas dryer that has been working great all these years. However lately it will stop before the timer runs down. Pressing the button again will not get it restarted, until I unplug and plug back the power cord. Then it will start again when I press the button. I checked the load and it is not too heavy, so I dont believe I am overloading it. I also do clean out the lint filter every time.
Sometimes it will work OK and dry just fine.
Any clue what may be wrong?
Thanks

loose door switch wiring?