Kenmore Dryer Problem...

Our 7 year old Kenmore Dryer has been acting up.
There is heat, and it does spin but seems like its taking forever to Dry our clothes now. Not sure what the problem is...any ideas?

Vent clogged with lint?
--
Luke

Thanks that looked like it. Was poking around took back cover off...grabbed the exaust hose...heard swishing around like loaded with water...guess what it was. Went outside...vent was clogged with animal hair (2 dogs and three cats). Cleaned out the vent and in the process of retightening the vent , snapped one of the plastic connecters the screw goes in, so have to buy one of those outside vent covers...so no biggy. Will see if this fixed the problem. Thanks!
Jason wrote:

It sounds like you got it, but if that did not do it and if it is an electric dryer, then I suggest that you may now be heating on 120V rather than 240V due to an electrical problem.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Yup I got it dryer working like a charm since then did 5 loads last night, and drying super fast!

Congrats! BTW, is the exhaust hose plastic? If so that's a lint trap (in the deep ridges) and a slight fire hazard. Rigid duct is best, flexible metal second best.
--
Luke
I have seen a similar problem where the heating coils were concentric and when the heater turned on the coil expanded and shorted out. Then it would cool and come back on for a while.

Luke has it. Disconnect the vent, and dry a load. If it returns to normal, your vent is clogged either with lint or birds nests.
Lint clogging the vent. Reduced air flow.
The last call I got for "yes, it's heating but it takes forever" I found a burnt wire. Electric dryer. I repaired the burnt section of wire, and a roller that wasn't working right.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus