Kenmore dryer heating problem

Hi. I have an older model Kenmore dryer. I think it's about ten years old. Recently, it stopped drying/heating, but it does continue to tumble. I've looked at a few appliance repair websites, and after reading the trouble-shooting guides, I believe the problem is caused by either a burned out heating element or thermal fuse. I would like to replace the broken part, but the owner's manual was not left in the house I live in, and I'm unable to find an exact drawing of this model on the Internet. I've never repaired a dryer before, so I really need a good diagram so I can find out exactly where the heating element and thermal fuse are in this particular model. I did remove the "kick plate" below the dryer door, and I couldn't find anything that looked like the heating element or thermal fuse. I also removed a small portion of the back panel which revealed the origin of the plug. I have the model number so I can easily obtain the parts. I just don't know where to find the broken ones inside the dryer. Can anyone help me?
do a google search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Kenmore+dryer+repair
lots of good stuff to get started: http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_8.asp http://repair2000.com/dryer.html http://www.applianceaid.com/dryers.html
Electric Dryer Help Pages:

http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?postidU5421#post555421
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi terafferty. Thanks very much for those links!
chemqueries wrote:

Hi,
Model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

A copy: Q - My electric dryer runs but will not heat, what could stop my dryer from heating ?
A - Things that could stop a electric dryer from heating:
- house fuse or breaker ( needs 2! )... - heating element ... - burnt wire ... - thermostats ... thermal fuse ( not all models )... - motor heat switch ... - timer ... - selector switch ... - burnt power cord/plug ...

Share it, and then we can try to help see what style Kenmore dryer you have.
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Hi. The model number is: 86984110.
chemqueries wrote:

G'day,
I got 110.86984110 to work for me. Heater on the floor style kenmore built by Whirlpool.
http://www.applianceaid.com/whirlpool-dryers.html#four Some take apart helps.
Thermal cut off on the heating element has been a common trouble maker... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N(21 Thermal cut-out (fuse) L360 and high-limit thermostat L250 kit, 1ea.
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

kenmore> built by Whirlpool.