Kenmore dryer goes 'beep-beep-beep' and dies... ideas?

My 3 year old kenmore dryer has not been working correctly. When I try to dry clothes, a few minutes after turning it on, I hear a 'beep-beep-beep', and it turns itself off. The timer then advances to the 'off' position. If I am persistent I can push the 'start' button again, and maybe get the clothes dry. I purchased the Sears repair manual for it, but that was no help what-so-ever. The beep codes are not described. Any ideas? Regards, Brad PC Logic

Schematic entry and PCB design software

AtPCLogic

AgaPSDIVER

Hi,

Model#?

model# helps.

*Some* Kenmore dryers have an electronic control/thermistor thay can give that type of a problem....there -should- be a tech sheet inside the consol for testing/checks.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

== I learned a long time ago to not overlook the obvious-- Does it do this on timed dry *and* sensor dry? My Kenmore dryer will sometimes improperly sense the dryness of the clothes and turn off prematurely. It has an end of cycle beeper that beeps 3 times then shuts down. It repeats this for a while to keep the clothes tumbling (and not srinkle) if I'm not there to take them out right away. I learned to turn the dial back toward "More Dry" to keep it from stopping too soon. It was your "3 beep" description that made me wonder if this is your problem. ==

Reply to
Gini

And along that line of thought...if the dryer does have the electronic sensor, the use of dryer sheets over time will coat the sensors with sort of a wax coating. This fools the sensors into thinking the clothes are dry as the coating prevents the sensors from sensing any moisture (no flow of electrical current between the sensors). If lint filter is on top of machine, sensors are on back of drum and if lint filter is inside front, the sensors are on the inside right side of air flow outake. Good idea to clean these sensors with a little alcohol every three months or so. I've sold these dryers for over 15 years and sent many a prospective buyer home to clean the sensors rather than needlessly spend money on a new dryer. Tom.

Reply to
Tom

== Thanks for the info, Tom.

Reply to