Kenmore dryer 2002 Push to start will start motor but will not stay on.

I press the "push to start" button. If I keep my finger pressed on the "push to start" button the motor will run. If I let go, the motor will stop. I have checked the PTS, the door switch, the belt switch. The thermal resistor is ok. I am thinking it is the electronic control. Are there any further tests to verify this.
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@integratedage.com (Doug) wrote in message

Hi,
Model#? Kenmore is made by several different companies and each company even has a few different styles. http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

If your dryer is an "Even Heat" style dryer, this may help.... http://www.applianceaid.com/evenheat.html
If it has an Evenheat Control (usually says that on the control panel, or in the parts list), then it is probably that.