Kenmore dryer 2002 Push to start will start motor but will not stay on.

I press the "push to start" button. If I keep my finger pressed on the "push to start" button the motor will run. If I let go, the motor will stop. I have checked the PTS, the door switch, the belt switch. The thermal resistor is ok. I am thinking it is the electronic control. Are there any further tests to verify this.

Thanks

Reply to
Doug

Hi,

Model#? Kenmore is made by several different companies and each company even has a few different styles.

model# helps.

If your dryer is an "Even Heat" style dryer, this may help....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

If it has an Evenheat Control (usually says that on the control panel, or in the parts list), then it is probably that.

Reply to
nospamtodd