Kenmore dishwasher -- rubber/plastic bits falling out (from door?)

We have a Kenmore dishwasher model 665.13862K602 that is working fine without any leaks, but from time to time we find thin bits of black rubber or plastic material on the floor underneath the door, as though they might have fallen out of the inside of the door. The stuff is somewhat flexible, with an embossed hexagon pattern. but tends to break on those embossed lines when flexed too much. It's definitely neither the inner nor the outer door seal.
I've looked on various online sites that have parts diagrams but without success. An online chat session with Sears Parts was equally unproductive.
What is this? Where is it coming from? Does it matter?
Perce
On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 14:47:39 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

Maybe not. It certainly doesn't mean it's going to explode, nor leak from the water supply or drain. Maybe a little from the DW some day, but that might take 10 or 20 more years.
Have you checked the things you wash in it?

On 03/08/14 09:07 pm, micky wrote:

Definitely not from things we are washing. I am wondering now whether it is something to do with the sound insulation system: this is a very quiet machine. So maybe not from the door.
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

My 20 YO Whirlpool DW started doing that. In it's life time I replacde motor/pump ass'y once, no other issues. I did not wait to find out what's going on. I replaced it with a Bosch. Bosch is so quiet when running, we like it. Just hope it'll last like Whirpool.

good luck you bought a lost cause:( true bosch run dead silent, however any repair requires disassembling the thing a lot. few repair bosch other than sears service. you will find any repair costs at least half the price of a new bosch. mine broke twice under warranty, a month after the warranty ran out it broke again, after a phone eastimate of 500 to 600 bucks i took it to the scrap yard,
WILL NEVER OWN A BOSCH AGAIN!
On 03/09/14 11:38 pm, bob haller wrote:

When we were last looking for a dishwasher, our Sears store had Bosch as well, a few dB quieter but considerably more expensive. That's why we have the Kenmore.
Perce