Kenmore dishwasher acting up -- computer board?

My Kenmore diswasher (665.17779990) started acting up last month. When I'd push start, nothing would happen. Lights would blink on and off. I finally could get it to run by pushing "normal wash." But it would start and stop during rinse cycle.
An appliance repair person told me that there was a 90% chance that it was a bad computer board that was causing the problem. He asked if the lights on the display appeared dim even when not lit. I said they did. He said for sure it was a bad computer board.
So I thought I'd fix it myself. Went down to the parts place and got a new one. Installed it. Same problems. Figured it might be defective and went down to get another one. Installed it. Same problems.
My friend was wrong, it appears. Could somebody please tell me what might be wrong with my dishwasher?
Thanks!

Hi,
I have read about but not seen the key panal giving problems like yours :( A few techs in this forum have mentioned it before. There -should- be a tech sheet inside to help diagnose/check the main control board and key panal.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&Nw7021 Touchpad & control panel assembly, black http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&Nx6224 Touchpad & control panel assembly, white http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N7975 Touchpad & control panel assembly, almond
From what I have read about some of these newer Whirlpool built Kenmore ( 665.######## ) dishwashers, pressure switch, key panal, smart board are common trouble makers and the main power comming into the unit should be checked....if the power supply is higher thna normal or lower than normal the unit objects as well.
Jeff,
Thanks so much for the help. How would I go about checking the power supply coming into the unit? Would this be a problem with the circuit breaker? Would I put a new one in to fix this problem?
Thanks again, Bill

Can power be lowered, so it doesn't fry my machine? :-)
Thanks!

My electrician friend says that if the power were too high, that there are appliances and other electronic equipment in a house, MUCH more sensitive than a dishwasher, that would not function. (IE: computer, television, microwave). He says if those are working well, then the dishwasher should be, too.
He figures it is a panel problem, therefore. This shows you what appliance repair people know. (Except for Jeff, of course!)
Moral to story: If your Kenmore is blinking, get a new panel. The end. ;-)
Bill

Hi,
WLP came out with new boards ( which you probably got when you replaced it ) to help handle any lower or higher than normal power supplies...the original style board could not.
Have you tried the new key panal? Let us know how it goes :)
Sears came out today to fix the Kenmore dishwasher. It was the key panel. Repairman said it is the key panel 99% of the time.
Just so everybody will know for the future. Made a point to post this to save people some agony. Smart board has nothing to do with it, the Sears repairman said.
Bill

Thankx for the update!! :)