Kenmore dishwasher 665 16372301

I own a Kenmore dishwasher. It stopped working about 3 days ago. At that ti me, I was able to select the type of wash and rinse. The corresponding ligh t above the button would light up. No other buttons, including the start bu tton, would light up. The start button wouldn't start the machine.

2 days later, only the wash cycle buttons would light up when buttons press ed, rinse cycle buttons no go.

None are now working.

Clear plastic cover that covered all the buttons, (and seems to be backpain ted white) has been stained on the right hand side for some time. 2 weeks a go, I peeled this back to try to clean the staining and I put the clear pla stic sheet back and pressed it tight to have it adhere. This is the same si de that the buttons began to fail from.

Im assuming a new keypad is in order but would appreciate any opionions.

Breaker works. Im getting power to the control board,. The door switch test ed positively for resistance when closed.

Thankyou in advance.

Scott

Reply to
sw

Scott,

Will you post the model number?

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

What's the number in the subject line?

Oh, wait, it's a Sears Kenmore Dishwasher Model Number.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

That's ok. Yes, it's a sears kenmore. I've been told that it is a whirlpool manufacture because of the 665 start to the code. 665 16372301. Thankyou in advance for anything you can offer. Scott.

Reply to
sw

time, I was able to select the type of wash and rinse. The corresponding li ght above the button would light up. No other buttons, including the start button, would light up. The start button wouldn't start the machine.

ssed, rinse cycle buttons no go.

inted white) has been stained on the right hand side for some time. 2 weeks ago, I peeled this back to try to clean the staining and I put the clear p lastic sheet back and pressed it tight to have it adhere. This is the same side that the buttons began to fail from.

sted positively for resistance when closed.

Reply to
sw

if you haven't already,

Google the model number, and see if others have had problems

marc

Reply to
21blackswan

Scott,

Sorry, don't have much to offer. Sounds as if it was working until you did this cleaning. The touchpad seems to be out of stock at the web-sites I checked. I'd suggest cleaning the plug where the touchpad enters the control board. I'd try re-cleaning the touchpad and while disassembled check the switches with a DVM. If the touchpad is gone you'll need to hunt around to find a replacement and it won't be cheap. Maybe time for a new dishwasher.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

time, I was able to select the type of wash and rinse. The corresponding li ght above the button would light up. No other buttons, including the start button, would light up. The start button wouldn't start the machine.

ssed, rinse cycle buttons no go.

inted white) has been stained on the right hand side for some time. 2 weeks ago, I peeled this back to try to clean the staining and I put the clear p lastic sheet back and pressed it tight to have it adhere. This is the same side that the buttons began to fail from.

sted positively for resistance when closed.

I'll take what I can get. Much appreciated David. I just assumed that the t ouchpad was part of the control console. Can you buy them separately? (If y ou can find them?) Also, have you had any problems with these internet part s places? Thanks again David. Scott

Reply to
sw