Kenmore Dishwasher

No water into the Dishwasher

Our Kenmore dishwasher (Model No. 587.17252200, 18-in portable) will not fill water. I checked the continuity of the fill valve with a ohm meter and I got a reading of 1218 ohms. Toke off the fill valve and connected to power. The metal rod retracted into the coil. So can I assume the fill valve is OK? Next I connected the volt meter at one end of the fill valve plug (white) and the pink power input into the float switch, bypassing the float switch. I got only a reading of about 9 volts. I later check the float switch, it is OK.

I checked the connection between the fill valve, with the door closed, the pink wire is continuous from the fill valve to the timer. I took out the timer and could not see any obvious shorts. Before I buy a new timer, are ther ways I can test the timer to determine that if it is bad. Thanks.

Reply to
cmarina98

G'day,

Most times the timer itself is not tested, everything else is eliminated until that is the item left. Not always easy with some of the power/wire block plugs...power into the timer but no power out of the timer for the fill circuit = bad timer.

P/N: 154432301

jeff Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid