Kenmore dehumidifier warranty

A Sears dehumidifier is no longer working. Compressor and fan hum and sound right but not getting cold. I suspect a freon leak. I haven't dug out the owner's manual yet but I believe it has 1 year labor and 1 year on parts but the sealed system is guaranteed 5 years. I would link this is something that would be in the sealed system and I assume I would be responsible for labor. Any guess as to what that would cost because a new unit is just $200.

Reply to
Art

Kenmore dehumidifiers with front water tanks made from 2-97 thru 12-01 with serial no including QG, QH, QJ, QK, QL have been recalled. The new Sears units are nice and very quiet and the 70 pt operates at

45f
Reply to
m Ransley

Thanks.... I had seen the recall but mine is a rear tank unit. It was very quiet when new but quickly started to vibrate though still quieter than the unit I got rid of from a decade or more ago. Perhaps the vibration was not just the cabinet as I assumed it was and I should have had it fixed right then instead of after the 1 year wrranty was over. It is in an unfinnished area of the basement so I didn't worry about the "cabinet" vibration.

Reply to
Art