Kenmore D/W 665 series blinking lights

I posted about this earlier. Dishwasher would blink and go on and off. Everybody told me it was the computer board. No, and Sears says it is RARELY the computer board. He told me it was likely a problem with the key panel.
Not only was the key panel fine, it just needed to have the contacts cleaned.
Receipt says "D/W KEY PAD STICKING. CLEANED CONTACTS. D/W CHECKED OK"
I didn't see him do it, so for the future, how does one go about cleaning the "contacts"?
Nobody here knows how to clean the contacts? Or are people more interested in selling you something -- like a new panel? Let me guess...it could be any number of contacts.

Hi,
No model# posted, unknown what it looks like.

Where the ribbon connector enters the clock????
I have used an erasor on a few ribbons that helped....but it was -usually- a short term repair.