Kenmore Coldspot

I have a Kenmore Coldspot side-by-side, with water/ice maker. Does anyone know where the filter is located for this particular model? The model number is 1065728779.

Thank you,

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Model number would indicate that this was made by Whirlpool but the last 7 numbers confuse me. What color is it? My reading of the model number would indicate that it might be 52 years old but I think that isn't possible. Now, the filter for current sxs refrigerators made by Whirlpool are located behind an obvious knob in the grill below the door. Is it possible this was so old that filters were not yet integral to the box but installed in the incoming water line? If not, then it would be in the fresh food section somewhere.

Reply to
Tom

I think Tom's probably right here. Go to Sears.com, hit "parts" and enter 106.57287790 as your model number for a full parts listing and diagrams.. Sears haven't used the "Coldspot" name for a good number of years, your model probably pre-dates the concept of a "built-in" filter.

Tom wrote:

Reply to
Mad Mac

Hi,

Closest model#'s that I could get to work was 106.57287790

106.57287791

....and neither have a built in filter.

Before filters where added t othe refrigerator, an inline style might have been used.

In-Line Water Filter for Ice Maker

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff