Kenmore Canister Vac. Swivel Problem

Kenmore canister vacuum: 116.228.12204 The swivel (8195133) broke. I got a new one (part no. is now KC92PCREZ000) from Sears. But the wand release (pedal 8195108) won't fit on the new swivel. Anyone know about this? Anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks. To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

Reply to
George