Kenmore Air Conditioner Question

Hello,
We recently bought a Kenmore 10,000 BTU single-room unit with digital temperature settings. Before I go to bed, I set the temp at 66 degrees. Before too long, I wake up to find the compressor is not running because the temp on the air conditioner has increased to 70. Is this a common problem with Kenmore, or am I doing something wrong??
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks, Phillip
Phillip944 writes:

Tell your wife to quit changing the thermostat.
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:10:02 -0500, Richard J Kinch

She may just tell him to quit changing it.
mm writes:

One way or the other, problem solved.
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:27:22 -0500, Richard J Kinch wrote:

heheh
66 is WAY too damn cold anyway.

Some window AC units have an "Energy Saver" feature which raises the thermostat 4 or 5 degrees after a few hours of run time.
RTFM and see if your's does this.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Could also be to prevent the coils from freezing up when the ambient is down low.
in

Thanks Clark. Problem solved.

I don't even use the AC, and it's been up to 95 out, but this could be really annoying.
Is one able to turn this feature off, on the ac's that have it?
2 degrees might be ok, but 4 or 5 spans the range from too cold to too hot. Like 66 which I wouldn't want, to 71, which might be too hot, I don't remember.
Hmmmm. Is the idea that the thermostat doesn't get exposed to the real room temp, and it has to have a lower temp for the first while because it's really hotter elsewhere in the room, but after a few hours it's actually the same temp everywhere??

If you don't use the AC how could it be annoying?

Don't know. It doesn't bother me.

night. After a couple hours of sleep then one won't notice if the temperature is increased a bit. Obviously not everyone has the same tolerances so some people will notice.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

If I were ill and had to use it, or if I cracked.

I see. That makes sense.

A couple degrees ok, but I think 4 or five degrees would be too much for me.
"mm" wrote

You bought a Sears. That's wrong.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

warranty. Gotta be a record of some kind.