Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor

Hi,
I received a quote for
Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor
Is this a good deal or am I being ripped?
Thanks.
On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:11:03 PM UTC-5, lionmessy wrote:

Sorry, I am in toronto, and the price is Canadian dollars.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I don't see any number..... Did you check the price of VS ECM motor? You did not mention what warranty comes with the unit.... From Calgary.

I went to a store in Toronto, and looked at an item. Was it C-over C-priced, on C-dollars?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
lionmessy wrote:

Did you just received a quote? VS ECM motor if goes, that is big buck item. Instead I chose X13 type DC motor.
On 2/29/2016 4:10 PM, lionmessy wrote:

I went to the store and looked at an item. Was it over priced?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:11:03 PM UTC-5, lionmessy wrote:

Sorry that I forgot to state the price, it is C$3,700.00 plus GST

That's nice. But we're still waiting for Lionmessy to post some more details.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

1. Cash & Carry ? or installed ?
2. Installed properly & legally & safely & inspected ? ... or just " installed " nudge - wink .. ?
3. old retro fit or newer install ? < ductwork issues ? >
4. Warranty / service plan details ? < lowest price might be attached to a ridiculous service plan >
... way-too-many various variables - for a proper opinion - good luck - keep warm.
--- ---
On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:11:03 PM UTC-5, lionmessy wrote:

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:11:03 PM UTC-5, lionmessy wrote:

installed with duct work, manufacturer waranty, good previous experience with this contractor, my concern is the price good?
On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 5:48:53 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

IDK about Keeprite, never heard of them. But similar eqpt from say Rheem or Goodman can be had for ~$1800 US. That's just the furnace. Then you have the miscellaneous stuff that you need to go with it condensate pump, any duct work needed, Filter? Electonic/Media type? Is it replacing an existing condensing furnace or does this involve running new PVC pipes for venting, etc?
Given that for many jobs the total cost winds up being about 2X the cost of the parts, that quote sounds reasonable. The best way to find if the price is good is to get a couple more quotes.
On 2/29/2016 6:25 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Never heard of them but they are a part of United Technology, a huge company that makes P & W jet engines and Otis elevators http://www.keeprite.com/en/us/products/gas-furnaces/
The price sounds reasonable though. Depending on the work needed, a few hundred bucks either way may be in order.
re the motors
read this especially the comment at the end
http://www.achrnews.com/articles/112674-comparing-motor-technologies
Mark

If this respected & trusted quote - when compared with all the _other quotes_ - all being fully broken down, in writing, for parts & labour & inspection costs - is the quote that you feel most able to sign onto - it's perfect ! Go with it ! Come back any time for more useful advice.
--- ---

We have someone screen name lionmessy who is asking similar questions.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Why 100,000 BTU? Is your house huge or do you not have any insulation.
I have over 2000 square feet on one level plus finished basement, north of Toronto and my furnace is a high efficiency 2 stage 80,000 BTU model and it has an easy time keeping the house warm on the coldest nights.
On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 1:55:53 PM UTC-5, EXT wrote:

It's a good point. You do want it to be sized right. And if he's going from a 25 year old 80% unit, he almost certainly would want to go down in size. I replaced my 150K with a 120K and it's fine. If I had to do it over, I'd probably go with 100K. But the slightly bigger one is good with faster recovery, which I like.