keeping electrical conductivity on screw thread

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:53:30 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

What do you base your statement on? I have several of their flashlights and they all work well. One of my 3-Cell flashlights is over 20 years old and has spent all of those years in a non-heated garage.
G.S.
On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 20:37:29 -0500, Gordon Shumway

I base it on experience. I have had numerous small Maglites for years. They all eventually fail because the lens turn switch mechanism is a terrible idea for a long term switch.
On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 20:37:29 -0500, Gordon Shumway

Yeah, but you are a space alien with, um, special powers...
On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 21:22:33 +0100, "john royce"

Bend one of the threads a little bit. Not one at the open end. One 3 threads back, so that you can still use the good threads to start screwing it on, and they will be enough to pull it on when it gets to the bad thread.
If you don't do it enough, you can do it more later. (make sure it is meant to screw on that far.)
If you do it too much, you should be able to clean up the bad thread a bit by twisting a screwdriver in the groove.

john royce wrote:

Most of these torches have an o'ring on the bit you turn them on with.Get a new o'ring or one a trifle bigger.
john royce wrote:

Screw the cap over a strip of paper along one side.

That sounds good too.