Keeping dogs out of the yard

Page 4 of 5

I'm not rational??
You asked "Who can decide equal value?". That implies nobody can determine "value". But, you claimed the two creatures are NOT equal, which answers your question about "who?". Apparently, you believe that YOU can be the judge of value.
Based on that, so can I.
Sounds like expensive mosquitoes to me:
We're all familiar with so-called "ambulance-chaser" lawyers who often advertise on late-night television. But did you know that there's another interesting and somewhat related field: dog-bite law? It's true -- and it's big business. At the illinois-dog-bite-attorney.com website, for example, I found these statistics:
a.. "There are approximately 5 million dog bites per year (nearly 2% of all Americans are bitten by a dog each year)."
b.. "About 800,000 victims per year require medical attention for dog bites."
c.. "1,000 dog-bite victims per day are seen in hospital emergency rooms with 6,000 requiring hospitalization each year."
d.. "Dog bite losses exceed $1 billion per year with $345 million paid by insurance companies."
I'm glad this thread is still going on as I had a dog problem las night
My neighbor's dog often comes over our yard. My wife gives him a treat, I fill a small bucket so he has something to drink. We played tossing a stick for about tem nutes too.
When the dog went home, he pissed on my tree. Should I shoot the dog or my neighbor?
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Your wife. . .. . .. . .. . ;-)

I'd say shoot the tree, but then you'd be in BIG trouble from the tree-huggers.
See what happens when you give a moocher a little entertainment, some help, something to eat and a free drink?
As a wise man said, "No good deed goes unpunished."
It's good you told someone. Keeping that inside is bad for you.
Steve

Well, you invited the dog, so protocol says you should shoot yourself, but not fatally, or you won't learn not to invite dogs over.

You know, my wife and I were talking about this just last night ......... what would be the proper etiquette in this situation.
Thanks.
Steve

This thread long ago turned into a pissing contest, so I figured I'd piss against the tree too. I was able to reach a higher spot so I guess I won. Unless the dog comes back and pees on my leg.
wrote in message

My uncle actually had a dog that would do that.
I guess it means something in dog language.
Steve
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
wrote in message

< DRUM CRASH! > :-)

You could also piss on the dog. :)
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

to show how is top dog.

call you on it. Tell us which state you're in, so we can look up the law

The OP wasn't in an apartment.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hey flem, who in the hell are you talking to?

every state also has crop damage laws. in many, if any animal is bothering a crop, it can be shot on sight. tomato garden, anyone?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Give it a break.
Its just a fucking dog. Not like it is a human or anything important.
If the dog can't crap where it is supposed to, take it out.

Another person for my free beer for life list. :-)

I love you, Man!