Keeping dogs out of the yard

" snipped-for-privacy@wdeans.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Yes, that many posters give out bad advice.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I'm sure you've killed a few mosquitoes and other bugs over the years because they annoyed you. Do you recommend it to other people?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Its just a f****ng dog. Not like it is a human or anything important.

If the dog can't crap where it is supposed to, take it out.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

The OP suggested some vague reason for not having a conversation, and was hesitant to explain further.

I think town justices should give dog criminals a choice of:

1) Buy a fence for your neighbor, since you can't seem to control your vermin. The fence he wants will cost $4000.00 to install and you'll be in a holding cell until a family member or friend brings cash. Green cash money. 2) Lose your dog next time it's roaming the neighborhood, *and* you and your kids will watch it being put to death at the pound. Your grandkids, too, if you have any. 3) Put your arms behind your back so the bailiff can take you to jail. You'll need 30 days worth of reading material and a whole bunch of condoms (for your new girlfriends).

Hey...I'm funny about these things. This is why Henslee has been following me around the newsgroups for a while. I say the things he wants to, but is afraid to.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Another person for my free beer for life list. :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I love you, Man!

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Put your frosted glass on the cd drawer and press CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-SPACEBAR-~~~-%-B. Beer should come right out. Change the "B" at the end to an "L" for light beer.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Why? Sounds like it would work fine to me, and nobody gets hurt.

Reply to
Dan C

I think that solution is worse than the problem.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

In alt.home.repair on Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:07:28 GMT "Doug Kanter" posted:

My neighbor's dog doesn't go where he shouldn't -- well maybe he does. I don't know what he they walk him to or what he does -- but he's never on a leash and he's a pitbull. I've seen him growl at a couple high school kids, who then went way out of their way around a bunch of other houses to avoid him.

I was tending a friend's dog for a day, and as I was returning home, he came out of the door. I could not yet see him but I called to his manager to "Get hold of your dog". Instead, she just called to the dog, two or three times, who ignored her. He also had no collar on either.

I was afraid to turn and go the other way, because iiuc a dog will take that as weakness and be more likely to attack.

I was also afraid to go forward because my visiting dog was unknown to this one, and I didn't want my friends to come home to an injured dog.

(Finally, it seemed like finally, I split the difference, and he didn't follow.)

Other neighbors have complained to animal control, and probably talked to the owners before they did that.

I can imagine one in the family retaliating against my car when I'm sleeping or my home when I'm away. Because anyone who doesn't bother to leash a pitbull is obviously antisocial in some ways.

Plainly I would make no progress by talking to them, and I could put myself on their hitlist, especially if someone else gets the pound to take away the dog, but I"m the one they think did it.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

Not that OP is really gonna go get some but I doubt it would work. We have occasional mountain lions where I live and my dogs go and pee can poop right on their droppings (easily recognizable by the size and the footprints next to them) to "reclaim" their territory.

OP didn't say why he won't talk to the dog owner but my experience was that even the lowliest, deranged, degenerate gang-member type will try to keep his dogs out of your yard. I had gang-members move in next door and their dogs (pit bulls) ate through the fence and hung out (and crapped) in my back yard. They immediately went about reinforcing the fence etc even though they continuned to play loud boom-boom music and sell drugs in front of my house.

I posted previously what I did to keep cats from crapping on my front lawn but I don't know where the post went.

I bought a motion detector light for about $10 and ran wires from one of the light sockets to a relay which activated my automatic sprinklers when it detected anything moving on my lawn. I had it set to stay on for 5 minutes. No more cat poop.

Reply to
Ulysses

Greetings Charlie,

You say that: "I can't understand why someone would use someone else's name (mine) on a usenet group and make a posting. Is it suppose to be a joke?"

It is very simple to me Charlie. Let me explain it to you.

You are perceived as being weak, without balls, and without spine. Therefore, bullies will pick on you. Defamation is defined as "an intentional false communication, either published or publicly spoken, that injures another's reputation or good name" and it is illegal. However, you are not protected by those defamation laws because you "are weak, without balls, and without spine" utterly lacking the constitution necessary to invoke those laws. You "can't even talk to your neighbor."

In short, you give Henslee and his type the power through inaction.

Take my advice and prove me wrong, William

PS: Yes, it IS worth your trouble. Go for it.

Doug Kanter wrote:

Reply to
William.Deans

Any idea what, if anything, was done by the animal control people?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

"Doug Kanter" wrote in news:AMPEe.2514$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

Only you would equate killing mosquitoes and dogs.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Live in a Disney fantasy world if you like, but there's really no difference. It's chauvinistic for people to claim one type of life has more value than another.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I can't understand why someone would use someone else's name (mine) on a usenet group and make a posting. Is it suppose to be a joke?

For those who don't understand. Open up his "re: keeping gods out of the yard" post. You'll find it is from

This is not my address.

Reply to
Charlie S.

It's a little hobby of Henslee's. Just ignore it.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Thanks for letting me know, only been here a couple weeks. Haven't quite caught on to the range of humor.

Reply to
Charlie S.

In your news reader, you can enter whatever name you want to show with your messages. The only difference between a real message and a fake will be the email address and other tech stuff that shows in the headers.

Reply to
Doug Kanter